LandCache Mix is our three way blend combining winterhardy annual ryegrass, improved crimson clover and our proven premium radish. The diverse rooting types lead to great fall and spring nitrogen uptake and can reduce nitrogen losses over the winter and early spring. The radish will winter terminate. Our crimson clover and annual ryegrass allow a wider window for control in the spring than cereal rye.
- Our LandCache blends winter hardy Annual Ryegrass, improved Crimson Clover and proven premium radish. The diversity of these three plant families build soil structure, produce Nitrogen (N) and scavenge (N).
- Slower nutrient release in the spring is a benefit contributed by this blend.
- LandCache can product high quality forage for grazing and can be ensiled in the spring. To improve forage quality and yield, increase fertilizer and the seeding rate.
- LandCache’s premium radish winter terminates when temperatures drop below 20°F. Our blend with Crimson Clover and winter hardy Annual Ryegrass allow for a wider window of control than cereal rye.
- Our premium radish in this mix has a deep tap root. The Crimson Clover contributes a fine fibrous root system. The winter hardy Annual Ryegrass adds biomass with roots than can grow as deep as 40”.
- Below Average: 0-4
- Average: 5
- Good: 6
- Very Good: 7
- Excellent: 8
- Superior: 9-10
- Planting: Plant 3-4 weeks prior to first freeze.
- Planting Depth: ¼” – 1” Comparable Seed on Drill Chart is Tall Fescue (reduce by 25%) or Annual Ryegrass.
- Seeding Rate:
- Cover Crop by Drill (7.5” rows) 20 lbs./acre
- Broadcast/Aerial Seeding: 24 lbs./acre
- For Forage by Drill or Broadcast: Add 50 lbs. of winter hardy Annual Ryegrass for each 50 lb. unit of LandCache and increase drilling rate to 24 lbs. / acre
- Precision Planting (15” with 2”in-row spacing): 15 lbs./acre
- Radish will winter kill with 3 nights in the mid-teens. Burndown winter hardy Annual Ryegrass and Crimson Clover with two quarts/acre of glyphosate with one pint of 2,4-D/acre.