NBank Mix is a Nitrogen producer (legume) blended with a nutrient scavenger (brassica). Our NBank Mix combination not only captures and fixes Nitrogen, it can have quick nutrient release in the spring giving this cover crop a high possibility of producing a nutrient credit for your next crop. This blend is our improved Crimson Clover mixed with our proven premium radish. Crimson Clover contributes a fine, fibrous root system and usually overwinters. Clover is easy to terminate in the spring. The radish will winterkill below 20°F. NBank is best planted after wheat and is an excellent choice before corn.
- Our NBank blend of improved Crimson Clover and proven premium radish is a great combination that captures nutrients, fixes Nitrogen (N) and provides quick nutrient release for your next crop.
- NBank is a great option for Cover Crop beginners. The radish in NBank winter terminates. Crimson Clover is relatively easy to control and spring terminate.
- Crimson Clover can grow under the canopy of other species like our premium radish in the NBank mix.
- Our premium radish in this mix has a deep tap root. The Crimson Clover contributes a fine fibrous root system. These species complement each other in N production and N scavenging.
- NBank is excellent for building soil tilth and structure.
- Below Average: 0-4
- Average: 5
- Good: 6
- Very Good: 7
- Excellent: 8
- Superior: 9-10
- Planting: Plant 6 weeks before killing frost.
- Seeding Depth: ¼” – ½” Comparable Seed on Drill Chart is Alfalfa.
- Seeding Rate:
- Cover Crop by Drill (7.5” rows) 20 lbs./acre
- Broadcast/Aerial Seeding: 24 lbs./acre
- Forage by Drill or Broadcast: 25-35 lbs. / acre
- Precision Planting (15” with 5”in-row spacing): up to 20 lbs./acre
- Radish will winter kills with 3 nights in the mid-teens. Control Crimson Clover with a spring burndown combination of one pint/acre 2,4-D with one quart/acre of glyphosate.